Tracking the right key performance indicators (KPIs) can help optimize the production process, create more engaging content, and increase conversions. These indicators are a starting point, and should be adjusted towards your own goals and workflows.
Content Creation KPIs
Measure how effective and efficient your content production process is. Add your own benchmarks based on industry standards, past performance, and optimization trends such as AI.
- Time to create content (by type)
- The number of revision rounds
- Does the content match brief?
- Production efficiency and output
- Cost to create content, including indirect expensesv
Content Engagement KPIs
These KPIs show how well your content is performing once it is published.
- Quality score
- Time on page
- Pages per session
- Bounce rate
- The number of social interactions
- The number of backlinks
- Engagement through comments
Content Conversion KPIs
Learn how the content adds to achieving marketing or sales results.
- Visits to customers ratio
- Path to purchase
- Sales conversion rate
- Unsubscribe rate