Content is the lifeblood of brand discovery and promotion, and companies that can make it unique...
The Importance of Text-Based Content for Brand Discovery
The digital space has become oversaturated with content, making it ever more difficult for brands to get discovered and engage with their target audiences. As such, content strategies have been continuously evolving – brands in the digital era are increasingly (and often, exclusively!) reliant on online marketing.
In this blog post, we look at the available data on how people discover brands online, and will look at the types of text-based content.
Let's start with last year's Hootesuite report. While there is a mix of channels, and every single one of them is important, the text-based content clearly stands out: search engines, brand and product websites, product comparison websites, and posts from expert bloggers are just some of the text-based sources of brand discovery.
Types of Text-Based Content
Let's take a look at the different types of text-based content available to brands. Such content can be used to establish a brand’s identity, inform customers, and build relationships. Whether you’re writing for an audience of one or one million, there are different ways to deliver your message. Just like a painter uses a palette mixing colors in a unique way to create a piece of art, a company can utilize different types of text content to shape a consistent brand image.
There are multiple types to include in your content "palette":
- Blog posts are a great way to share valuable information and insights with your audience. Whether you’re a small business or a large corporation, your blog is an opportunity to demonstrate your expertise in the industry, share stories and experiences, and increase your brand’s visibility.
- Articles are typically focused on one particular topic, allowing for detailed analysis and understanding of that topic. As a result, they can provide readers with a comprehensive overview of a given subject.
- Through social media posts, customers can get an insight into the company’s values, mission, and culture, as well as its products and services. Social helps build a connection between the brand and its customers, which in turn increases brand loyalty and trust.
- By reporting on the latest news in their industry, brands can keep customers informed and up to date on recent trends. People are more likely to trust and remain loyal to a brand that is actively communicating with them.
- Email is a cost-effective way to reach a large audience with tailored content. Compared to other forms of marketing and advertising, email is relatively inexpensive.
- Web content is increasingly becoming important for brands in today’s digital world. Not only is it a great way to engage with customers, but it can also help improve search engine rankings, boost brand visibility, and create relationships with your target audience.
- Reports, eBooks, and whitepapers are highly effective for establishing a brand’s reputation as a thought leader in their field.
- Press releases can be used to tell a story, create buzz, and generate interest in a brand.
- Manuals and tutorials provide detailed instructions on how to use and maintain a product, and often serve as the go-to resource for customers who have questions about their purchase. While not obvious, manuals are another great tool to establish trust with customers, as they demonstrate a commitment to providing comprehensive product information and support.
- Product descriptions are an absolutely essential type of text content for brands. They are used to inform existing and potential buyers about a product’s features and benefits, and to help them make informed purchasing decisions. These descriptions need to include a wealth of information about the product, including its purpose, benefits, features, materials, and more.
- By providing accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive answers to FAQs, brands can reduce customer support costs. FAQs also provide a valuable source of content for search engine optimization (SEO) purposes. Well-crafted FAQs are an excellent way to use keywords, which can boost a brand’s search engine visibility.
About Intentful: We leverage data and AI to create content in whole new ways, helping companies rapidly scale the creation of content, at a fraction of the cost and time of traditional methods while keeping the quality high and the brand voice consistent.