By 2025, generative AI is expected to contribute 10% of all global data and 30% of all outbound...
Human and Artificial Intelligence, Combined
Artificial Intelligence was in the news a lot last year, sparking many discussions and arguments. Some say that the potential of AI can be compared to the advances brought to humanity by the printing press, railroads, and cars. Others are concerned that many jobs will be lost, robots will take over the world, and will be managing humans.
Based on our team's experience of using AI in content creation work for over a year, we have no doubt that AI is an incredibly powerful tool that can revolutionize the world and improve the lives of millions. In content production, it can be used to automate mundane tasks, analyze data more accurately and faster than humans, and create more personalized experiences for readers.
While we strongly advocate for incorporating AI into the content creation process, we also always emphasize it is just a tool that helps achieve goals in a more efficient and effective way.
How AI and Humans Complement Each Other
Why would brands even consider using AI in their content creation work? The answer is simple: to achieve better results faster. However, AI is not a silver bullet or a replacement for human work. AI systems are only as good as the data they are trained on, and they cannot think for themselves. It is a symbiotic relationship between the two that allows creating a better-than-individuals-alone outcome.
- Human input is required to provide the expertise and context necessary for AI systems to function properly. Humans define strategies, assign tasks to AI, and review the output. Quality In, Quality Out.
- AI has the ability to crunch large amounts of data quickly and accurately. Humans, on the other hand, are able to think outside the box, which makes their involvement in the content creation process essential. Only people can recognize and provide the highest level of detail when it comes to human expression and emotion.
- AI models are only as effective as the information and insights that are fed into them. By training an AI model, humans can provide the right knowledge necessary to maximize its effectiveness. The training process is critical to ensure that the AI system is accurately capturing nuances and complexities of the data and is able to identify patterns and generate meaningful results.
- Quality control by humans is very important to ensure the output is factually correct, on brand and on message, and meets any other standards and criteria set by the team.
- In addition, humans are needed to ensure that AI is being used responsibly and not in ways that are unethical or violate privacy or security regulations. Humans are required to validate, interpret, and refine the output from AI models.
By utilizing AI in a responsible manner, brands can benefit from improved efficiency, increased productivity, and smart use of insights leading to more relevant content for customers. This innovative approach in content creation unlocks a scale that was unimaginable before.
The Benefits of AI-Powered Content Creation
- Time. AI-assisted content production reduces the time it takes to go live, enabling you to respond to changes in the market quickly and easily.
- Cost. By automating processes, you can free up employees to focus on more strategic tasks. This can save hours of manual labor, increasing the ROI of your content creation efforts.
- More content, for every touchpoint. AI increases efficiency by simplifying the creation of large amounts of unique content at scale for use across multiple channels.
- Improved consistency. When AI is trained to know your brand, you'll have the same tone of voice across all marketing materials.
- Improved KPIs. Data-driven content that is timely and relevant leads to higher engagement & conversions, reaching the right people when needed.
Marina Petrova, the CEO of Intentful, says: “... the best use of AI in content creation is to augment and complement human creativity. There can’t be a competition between human creativity and AI creativity. It is very different. But when the two are combined, the results can be outstanding.”